Monday 29 July 2019

Random Letter Birthday Card

This card measures approximately 5ins x 5ins and uses a handcut red corrugated card blank as it's base.

A card for a gentleman (my lovely and very helpful next door neighbour Laci) a theme I always struggle with, hence the random letter theme once again. 
I have to admit that I think the corrugated card may have been just a touch on the thick side to fold, and crease but in the end it worked really well and was probably something only I would really pick up on.

I've simply put together a selection of my ever growing collection of alphabet stickers for the sentiment on a ready made Kraft tag, which probably came from The Works.
Due of the light, the stars look white, but are actually silver.  A little faux stitching round the tag and scattered groups of three dots pull the tag together, but if I were to repeat the idea I think I would use a white gel pen instead of a black fine liner for the twiddly bits to help the card to "pop" more.

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

I like the look of the corrugated card, and I think it works great, even if it was hard to fold. The texture is perfect for a masculine card. I'm sure your neighbor appreciated it.