Tuesday 2 July 2019

Simple Christmas Tree Card

This card measures 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 ins.

I feel that this has got to be the biggest cheat of a card ever.   I wasn't even sure I should really post it, but it does reflect my current mood and taste for making very simple cards at the moment and, to be honest, if I had seen a card like this when I first started out crafting it would have given me the confidence to think yeah, I could do that, without needing a huge pile of stuff and a million and one tools. 


I simply covered the front of a hand cut card blank with a page from the embossed Christmas paper pad I found in Poundland before Christmas, which contains quite a few designs that could stand on their own without embellishment or mat and layering.  I thought the subtle greys, mustards and teal were also very on trend.

The sentiment came from a pack of 6 from Hobbycraft's Christmas sale for just 50p.  I wasn't sure if it would go, but I think it works as it stands out from the background.

I did wonder about adding Glossy Accents or a little translucent micro glitter to one of two of the trees, but I don't think I will ...... it's enough as it is, even if it does feel like cheating!

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

Isn't it crazy how making simple cards feels like cheating? I think your card looks lovely - it's just right and lets you focus on the message, rather than the embellishments.