Friday 9 August 2019

Flea Fair - Three Counties Showground, Malvern.

Lu I went to the Flea Fair at the Three Counties Showground in Malvern last week as a birthday treat for Lu, it was totally brilliant!
It was like a thousand charity shop bric brac shelf hits in one go but minus an awful lot of other tut and at £5 per head admission it was so well worth it we decided that, for us, a car boot would probably now be pretty much a thing of the past. The gates opened at 7.30am and closed at 3.30pm, the car parking was well ordered and easy to get out of. 
Object of Desire No. 1 ....... just loved these pair of  Art Nouveau (?) style cupboard/shelves. 
I have to admit I am really disappointed by my lack of pictures and to be honest we didn't spend a great deal, it was the mooching that we got the greatest pleasure from.
Object of Desire No. 2 - I would love a dolls house, but it has to be small, sadly this metal one was just a little too big. 
I did however manage to find two retro, fish eye mirrors that were on my list,  I want/need three to go in my revamped bedroom ...... when I can pin my painter down to a date.
I spotted the ivy leaf one first for £5 and the flowery one shortly after for just £4.  The flowery one was disgustingly filthy and had previously been badly sprayed gold ........
........ but hopefully, when cleaned thouroughly and then spray painted white they will enjoy a whole new lease of life.  I am planning on putting two flowered mirrors  (I already had an identical flowered one found in a Rhyl charity shop recently) either side of the ivy one above my bed.  However, Marc says he has yet another one for me, so there may still be a change in order, but which ever one is left over will go in my hall.
I found the smaller of these two hand vases in a box of bits for just £1 plus a little cut glass bottle for 50p both to go on my shower room shelves, which are filling up nicely.

Lu was looking for "select" items to go on a cocktail themed shelf when her new kitchen is finally done later in the year.  Originally priced at £18, we managed to secure this rainbow of shot glasses for £15.  Lu was a very happy bunny indeed.
She also found a small "vintage" Snoopy mirror, for £1, something she has been looking for for ages as this type of mirror reminded her of her childhood bedroom, which had a mirror, I believe, bought by me well over forty five years ago when I was a teenager. 
The original frame was a little dire, so I found a deep frame, from my stash, that I got from Primark (£2.00) which helped bring Snoopy more up to date.
We both fell in love with the retro coffee set (above), it was only £7, however although it was complete and it had no chips etc. it wasn't the most brilliant of quality, it would only have ever been a decorative piece, but Lu decided it was too early to start getting the fiddle farty bits for her kitchen when it was still a couple of months away.
Now ......you know I LOVE a bit of kitsch, and I don't think you can get more kitsch than this piece, originally a lamp, it was just too brilliant for words, so taken aback was I that I even forgot to ask the price ....... it could so easily have been mine, but alas, I just don't have anywhere "safe" to put it.
I am not sure what one of these (above) is called, but I always oooooo and ahhhhh whenever I see one.  I think it's a sort of table centrepiece you put flowers in, but again, alas, I have nowhere in The Towers to put one.  I really do need to move!!!
 And finally, one for Marc, again I never asked the price, but I know Marc would have loved this vintage charity collection box.  I have many memories of putting my pennies in similar boxes when I was a child, a little boy in red seems to spring to mind.  I am not sure that such things are PC these days, but were very common when I was a girl.  I think there were also ones for the RSPCA of dogs and cats, in fact I am pretty sure I saw one about a year ago in a cafe in Exmouth, when I remarked how much Marc would love it.


4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Looks like you had a great time finding many treasures! I love flea markets, too. TFS

tilly said...

It looks like an exciting day out, think I may have had to buy the pink table decoration (depending on price of course ) not seen them before.
Tilly

joanold said...

What lovely finds! The pink vase thingy is an epergne. We had a blue one on our dining room table back in the sixties It is for flowers but the only thing it ever had in it back then was dust. I hated dusting it every Saturday in case I broke it as it was one of my Mum's prized possessions.

marc said...

we did not go we love that fair and rick and would have loved the charity box its such a big part of, many peps of a certain age growing up there was this girl; with the yellow hair blue drees and teddy bear also a girl with black hair a red dress with a small cat at her feet a boy in a red jumper and blue dungarees and a blind boy in a yellow jumper with blue shorts white socks and brown shoes sitting on a chair with a braille book on his lap the RSPCA had several ones the main ones being a springer spaniel with two pups and a smaller countertop one of a white dog sitting up begging with a tray on its paw you put your penny on the tray and the dog deposited it in to his dog kennel these go to show how things have changed and how we react to certain things images and what is pc and what is not at the time these raised the most money for their charities big love marc