Thursday 13 February 2020

Heads Up - Matalan Easter Decor

You know I love to "dress" my flat with Iris and Bertie in mind for Halloween and Christmas, but although I usually have a special lunch, followed by a few Easter games etc., I don't usually put anything else out other than a wreath on my front door, a few ceramic bunnies and chicks here and there and an Easter egg tree and to be honest, that's probably as far as I would ever go ..........
HOWEVER, I couldn't help but be inspired by a few things I saw in Matalan's home department section on the Malvern Retail Park, which I thought I would share with you.
The duvet sets are quite lovely, perfect spring designs and colours for an Easter sleepover, but also suitable for a child's bedroom at any time of the year and at £10 for a single set, not bad value.
I thought the tea towels were cute too.  I have tea towels for Christmas, that just get hung, more for decoration than to use, but then again I am pretty sad!  £5 for 3 - the other design features hedgehogs.
I liked the rabbit cushion too, which would certainly bring a Spring/Easter flavour to a lounge, but could also, quite easily, fit into a child's Peter Rabbit/Beatrix Potter themed bedroom or nursery.

My flat really is complete these days.  If anything comes in, something has to go out, so unless I have a complete brainstorm, I find myself just looking these days, but it's nice to imagine and dream.  Lu and I always say we need two houses, one to actually live in and the other to dress up!

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

When my grands were little, they would help me find a branch from a live tree that would work as an Easter tree. I would cut it down and anchor it into a cute little Easter pail with some clumping cat litter and enough water to make it turn to clay. Said clay was then covered with Easter grass (shredded green cellophane), and little Easter ornaments were hung on the tree. Sometimes the grands would help me make ornaments, which we then hung on the tree. Fun times!