Tuesday 29 September 2020

Charity Shop Finds - Jewelled Lamp Shade

I am having a bit of a barren spell at the moment, which is really annoying, especially after having a really productive month or two, where it seemed I had Christmas almost in the bag, however a few days and a couple of weekends away, followed by the desperate need to sort The Towers out from floor to ceiling in favour of crafting has sadly dammed the creative flow ......... so for a little while I might only be posting once a week, on a Monday, until the dam breaks, it might not be a crafty post, it might be a charity shop find or object of desire, just to keep things going until I get the old fiddle fart urges coming back ........ of which, I am sure, they will!

Marc and Rick gave me an old fashioned, painted, wooden lamp stand, something I have wanted for quite a while as the Ikea lamp I bought not long after I moved in to The Towers didn't really go.  The lampshade with the lamp wasn't my style, I have set my heart on something vintage, fringed and beaded, so I know I will have to bide my time and save those pennies as it aint going to be cheap. I  did find exactly what I had in mind at the recent Malvern Antiques and Flea Market, but as I picked it up to admire it, the stall holder shouted "Sorry Love that's already sold!"  Just my luck, but while I am still looking I am simply going to put one of those new vintage filament style light bulbs in it to shine the light.

BUT, I thought you'd like to see this,as it made me smile, found in my favourite charity shop in Evesham, Vale Wildlife, where the prices are perfect, and allow you a bit of whimsy, without breaking the bank.

Ta da ....... behold this wonder confection, in deep purple with a very shiny gold lining and the reason why I picked it up, forty eight long strands of beads, clear and coloured, the red ones oddly glass, while the others were plastic.  If it had been a bit bigger I might have left it where it was for a while, but then again, you know me and proportion! 


In the end the smaller, clear beads were really grubby and consigned to the bin, as I  have spare strands from other beaded, chandelier type lampshades bought in the past, you can't keep everything ........ but for just 80p I can live with that!!!!!

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

Interesting find! It's always fun to see what catches your eye.