Wednesday 23 September 2020

Decopatch Necklace

Just for laughs today, I present you with one of my less successful projects/ideas

Decopatch Necklace(1)

I fancied a big colourful necklace, but didn’t want to spend a lot ……..

IMG_6164

…… so when I found the necklace above in a charity shop for just 50p I thought hmmmm perhaps I could Decopatch it, but in using the Decopatch paper straight on to such dark coloured beads served only to darken the effect of the thin Decopatch paper.

IMG_6166

So, I painted the beads very roughly in white and in the process also got it all over the smaller beads. In hindsight I don’t think I was really “feeling” this idea at this stage, however, I persevered, covering the beads with the chosen paper using PVA glue.

Decopatch Necklace.

When it was dry I had the brainwave of then varnishing it with some old (and I mean really old) Modge Podge Glitter, this just made the beads feel rough and to be honest decidedly grotty! 

No, I haven’t worn the necklace (yet?), but from a distance the paint on the smaller beads could possibly look as if they were meant to be and the necklace on the whole could pass muster, if you didn’t touch it!   It’s always good to have a disaster or two now and again to keep you on your toes, but this was not my finest crafting moment and I am afraid is now consigned to the dressing up box!

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

I've had SO MANY crafting disasters. I can't say I've ever shared them on my blog, but I really should. They definitely keep me humble!