Monday 25 January 2021

VERY Simple Birthday Card Using Glitter Alphabet Letters.

I am really embarrassed to post this really simple 5ins x 5ins birthday card, using an idea you’ve seen a million times before, but it’s all I have been able to muster since Christmas, my deepest apologies!

Simple Birthday Using Glitter Alphabet

I put in an online order from The Works, just after we went into this current lockdown as there were a few things I wanted, that I thought I may not be able to find again if I didn’t act quickly ………..

5052089276642_Z

……… this bundle of 144 glittered letters reduced from £6 to £3 was an impulse buy, but reasoned that they were perfect for a quick and easy card like this. They are a decent size and don’t really shed,  but I found that the self adhesive element to them came off with the plastic peel off covering, so they had to be glued to the card rather than just plonked on, but that’s neither here nor there.

IMG_8631

By placing each letter at a jaunty angle it makes fitting biggish words on a small card much simpler especially as you then don’t have to worry about getting everything perfectly level and evenly spaced out, something I don’t have the patience for!

A variety of matching stars in various sizes with clusters of three black dots help fill the empty white space and draw the letters together.

The Works mini fences

I was hoping that I would also be able to find a few more packs of these wooden fences (£1) from The Works site too, but alas no. Regretfully I only bought one pack when I saw them in town, but now realise their potential, not only for Christmas tree decorations but a few Easter ideas too, agghhh!  I can’t find anything similar anywhere else, so fingers crossed they will replenish their stock or I can find a few random packets in store, when we can finally go shopping again. 

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

You know the saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" I love this card, and there's no reason to do something different if it still works for the intended recipient.