Wednesday 24 February 2021

Little Bear Wooden Pin Badge Brooch.

What to do with five wooden bear head embellishments, part of a pack of 15 also containing cats and lions bought from B & M Bargains for about £1 a while back? What about some badges ……. I think they work?

I took some 1in MDF squares, scraps of a spotty print paper and a (posh) brown silk fabric paper, googly eyes, black flat back gems, tiny bows pulled tight to make then even smaller plus five small brooch backs.

IMG_9357

I’ll let the pictures do the talking ……..

IMG_9358

I used E8000 glue as I wanted a really tight bond so there is no risk of eyes and noses being prised off by inquisitive fingers.

IMG_9360

I think all the added embellishment on the faces really helped build the characters of the bears. 

IMG_9378

The tiny faux stitching round the edges, using a black fine liner pen, helped draw the completed idea together.

IMG_9379

To make them look more professional I thought I would put them on a small doodled presentation card to finish.

The lion heads in the pack of embellishments won’t work with this idea, they were more mane than face and the features were just too small, however, I think the cat faces might, so watch this space …………

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

These really make me smile. When I look closely at them, they each seem to have a distinct personality. Fun brooches!