Monday 29 March 2021

Egg Shaped Hanging Easter Bunny Decorations.

This is what I did with all the middle sized eggs from a pack of 30 wooden slice type shapes I got from Hobbycraft (£3) https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/wooden-egg-shapes-30-pack/647358-1001

I started by covering the egg shape with scraps of blue and green gingham print paper and adding a little faux stitching using a black fine liner pen.

IMG_9776IMG_9777

The MDF rabbits came from eBay, I have posted the link in a previous post.

IMG_9705

I covered the rabbits with white Ranger Glossy Enamel, adding googly eyes, a black flat back gem nose and whiskers drawn using a fine black permanent pen.  I did try having a pink nose, but it didn’t quite look right.

IMG_9841

When the E8000 glue on the rabbit had dried I added small punched daisies with tiny weeny button centres, adding a few three dot clusters in between, here and there just to fill in any empty space.  I used tiny, silver screw eye hooks in the top to hang the decoration by.

IMG_9847IMG_9848

The back was covered with more blue gingham paper, a hand written Happy Easter and two more flowers, so when hung there would be two decorated sides to see at different angles.

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

So cute! I love the expressions those googly eyes give to their faces. These will be fun to give away for Easter, and they'll be much appreciated, I'm sure.

tilly said...

more cute little gifts or tree hangers for Easter, love them
Tilly

marc said...

you know i love these big love marc