Monday 6 September 2021

Autumnal Door Wreath

This is the first bit of crafting I’ve done in a long, long while, summer adventures and the school holidays have just got in the way, as they should have!

Autumn Fall Door Wreath

I used a basic twig wreath (£1 I think) bought from the Home Bargains Christmas Range (2020) with this sort of idea in mind.

IMG_2868

Considering just how out of practice I have become, it all came together quite quickly and well.

IMG_2869

I started by glue gunning fabric leaves from The Works (£1 for a bag of 50 assorted Autumn colours) all the way around at various angles.

IMG_2871IMG_2870

I then added three packs of these paper flowers, also from The Works. I believe I bought them in the Christmas sale, possibly a couple of years back now. I don’t think they’ve had any in recently.

IMG_2872IMG_2873

I had collected some small beech cones (well, I think that’s what they are) from the nearby park the other day with this specific purpose in mind. I think they work really well, despite such a mismatch of materials, something I don’t usually feel comfortable doing, but they successfully filled in the gaps.

IMG_2876IMG_2875

Smaller gaps were then filled in with sections cut from a green glitter necklace I’ve had forever, but knew I would eventually find a use for.  I’m not now 100% sure about including them, but I think that’s me being super picky.

IMG_2877

I thought I was finished at that point, but when I held the wreath up there was still something missing, more foliage (?) but I didn’t have anything of a natural type nature, then I remembered some wooden laser cut sprigs I had, would they work?

IMG_2878IMG_2884

I coloured the sprigs with a green pen and think I got away with it ……….

IMG_2885

…… despite, as I said, being totally out of my comfort zone using so may varied materials.

Autumn Fall Wreath 1

The wreath is now hanging on my door as I post.  On looking at the pictures I can see it’s not quite as rounded on the left hand side as I would like, but I know I am super critical of my own work.

IMG_2883

It’ll be in place until just before Halloween when I will probably replace it with something more spooky and then put it back for perhaps for more few weeks until December 1st when I will going into festive mode.  Happy days!

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Wow! It's beautiful! And you make it seem so effortless to make.

tilly said...

This is gorgeous and those additional wooden leaves finish it off to perfection, I also like the beads, they look like berries lol
Tilly

CraftyCoffey said...

The wreath looks stunning! Looking forward to seeing the Halloween one.

Michele

marc said...

I was goi g to steal it when I saw it Rick thought it was fabtastic and he loved what you had done with the flat loved all the displays said your eye has got even better loved you had got bolder and gone the extra step out side your comfort zone very high praise indeed from his lordship lol you know I loved it all and more big love Marc