Sunday 15 May 2022

Guest Crafter–Bertie …… With His Fridge Magnets.

I could just eat this little boy’s fingers one by one …….. I know they will lose their soft, round podginess before too long and I dread the day when he won’t slip his hand into mine as we walk along, so until then I’m not letting go.

Lucky Cat Fridge Magnets

Anyway, I found this tin of DIY fridge magnets a while back in a local chairty shop and at £1.99 for at least 20, it would have looked rude to have left them on the bric a brac shelf, as I knew, one day, someone would want to create with them.

Draw you own Fridge MagnetsIMG_1627

Bertie is obsessed with China, goodness only knows where he’s had that from, so I guess it was obvious when he said he wanted to make a Chinese magnet for his beloved Auntie Lulu.

IMG_1614

It was therefore very fortuitous that I’d spotted these Lucky Cat foil stickers in Home Bargains and had put them away for him for such a creative occasion.

Lucky Cat Fridge Magnet by BertieLucky Cat Fridge Magnets.

Well, he just nailed the Chinese tassels and I just love the fish in the bowls, the labelling and the perr and meow.  What is he like?

To Lulu

And Bertie, being Bertie, it then had to be presented equally as well, in an organza bag (The Works 8 11cm x 8cm bags for £1), a tag and the all important red ribbon, where he held the knot in place while I tied the bow. 

DIY photo Magnet

……. And, as he is “doing” medieval life with a visit to Warwick castle this term, he also threw in a magnet for Mum and Dad, which he said didn’t need any wrapping!

A morning to keep in my heart forever, especially as Berts doesn’t lend himself to drawing and fiddle farting that much without a serious cause, bless him.

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

This was such a sweet post about your amazing little grandson, Bertie. Thank you for sharing it!