Monday 4 July 2022

Mini Halloween Ghost Easel Favours

So, we have a Halloween ghost theme today ……

Halloween Ghost Mini Easel Favours

Once again using the wooden, natural coloured (place-card) mini easels I found on either Amazon or eBay, sorry I can’t quite remember – I think they usually come  under the heading of weddings (?).

IMG_1938

I started by giving the easels a couple of coats of Wilko quick dry, satin varnish, because if you try to use a felt pen on these cheaper type of easels, it  tends to bleed into the wood.

Wooden-mini-easels-placecards_thumb4

Once the varnish was dry  (it really does dry quickly) I coloured the edges and shelves of the easels with an orange Sharpie pen and then added some faux stitching round the edge of the chalkboard using black a fine tipped, permanent pen.

White-Posca-Pen.-Perfect-for-Crafts_

While I held the largest of the ghosts in place, I was able to position the writing where I wanted it to be, but because the board had been varnished, any mistakes were pretty easy to wipe off to do again if need be.

IMG_1961

I was then ready to work on the MDF shapes, painting the ghosts white first and then, when dry, a layer of Ranger Glossy Accents with a sprinkling of translucent, micro fine glitter on top.  The cats were coloured with a black Sharpie pen, with a layer of Glossy Accents on top and two tiny red nail art gems for eyes.

Natural Wood Mini Chalkboard Easel. Favour. HalloweenIMG_1975

I fixed everything to the easel using E8000 glue, because I wanted a really secure fix. 

Dovecraft. 3D Enamel Effect Paint. Green. Halloween

When everything was dry I used green Dovecraft 3D Enamel Effects to add the extra dripping slime effect.

Trick or Treat Halloween Ghost Mini Easel Favours Table setting

For even more fiddle fart and to help fill in some of the empty space bringing everything together, I added tiny red stars and clusters of three white dots around the writing. 

I love the cat shapes, unfortunately they are no longer available from my usual Halloween shape source, however I have ordered a few more cats of a different shape, so fingers crossed they will look just as effective. 

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

You nailed it once again! These are so perfect for Halloween. All your personal touches make them really special.