Monday 15 August 2022

Christmas Pudding Pin Badges

It seems ages since I have done anything with a Christmas pudding theme, I don’t know why as they are such an easy subject to reproduce.

IMG_0171

So, I got to thinking, Christmas pudding pin badges would be a perfect fairing gift for Iris and Bertie to give, along with a few other bits and pieces, to the lovely Breakfast Club and Kitchen staff at school.

Brown Sharpie Pen

I started with some 35mm MDF circles (eBay), simply colouring the bottom part of them with a brown Sharpie pen.

Tulip Slick White Dimensional White Fabric Paint

After leaving the brown ink time to absorb into the wood and thoroughly dry, I added the “icing/custard/sauce” using white Tulip Slick dimensional fabric paint, sprinkling it lightly with translucent, ultra fine glitter while still wet, before again leaving overnight to dry.

Ranger Glossy Accents

Then the magic happened, when I covered the whole of the pudding with Ranger Glossy Accents.  I don’t think I will ever get over how wonderful Glossy Accents is, as it transforms the ordinary into something really special and professional looking.  I could never craft without it. Once more the puddings had to be left until thoroughly dry.

IMG_0059IMG_0060

I deliberately left adding the currants to the puddings, using a medium nib, permanent black pen, until the Accents was dry, if I had done it before the Accents, I would have risked the ink bleeding into the wood. That’s the beauty of Accents, you can draw on it when dry with a permanent pen(s).

IMG_0062

Then the fiddle fart, adding the holly to the top of the pudding using holly confetti (I’ve had this for years but not a clue where from, I must have a look on eBay as I will need some more before too long) with three, red flat back pearls for the holly berries.

IMG_0167

I tidied the back of the badges up by adding faux stitching all around the edge with a black, fine writer pen, before adding a brooch fitting using B-7000 glue for a really secure fix.

IMG_0163

I then made small cards to attach the puddings to, before putting the whole thing in a small cello bag.

IMG_0164

As I said at the beginning I think a few of these will be going to Iris and Bertie’s school at Christmas with the message “Thanks for pudding up with us!” attached.

3 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! What brilliant pins, I agree about the difference Glossy accents make. I wouldn't have thought of the ink running, you are so clever.
Faith x

Cheryl W said...

Absolutely brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Fab fab fab big love Marc