Monday 5 June 2023

Guest Crafter–Iris Roo Is At It Again ……. Decopatch Coaster Set

……. And still my lack of crafting enthusiasm to continues, so thank goodness for Iris Roo and her set of Decopatch coasters bought as a blank from the The Works about a year ago.  It was a joint effort in the end as I offered  to do all the varnishing for her.

IMG_1700

I am not sure if this set is still available at The Works, but I have seen similar on other websites, including Hobbycraft.  The stand and six coasters cost just £3 so I bought it for just such an occassion.

download

Iris wanted to try Decopatch something because she thought she might like a Decopatch party for her birthday at the local craft studio in Evesham.

thumbnail (2)

While Iris Decopatched using some bits that I already had cut, I gave the base several coats of clear, glossy, quick dry varnish as the finish on it was a little rough. We decided not to Decopatch the stand itself just in case the extra layer of paper made the coasters sit a little too tight within the rods,  making it difficult to get them in and out, however, we decided a sparkly, flat back gem glued on the top off each rod wouldn’t hurt.

IMG_1697IMG_1699

We used slightly watered down PVA glue to stick the paper down.  Iris, bless her, did the edges first, folding the paper over and onto the back before filling in the middle and then once that side was dry the next day, she filled the back in and then again waited for it to dry, until I stepped in to varnish, applying at least six coats per side, to guarantee that they were really watertight.

IMG_1700IMG_1696

The girl “dun gud” …….. and is pretty sure a Decopatch party with a couple of her best friends from school would be a most excellent idea. Happy, happy days!

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

She did a great job! I think a decopatch party is a great idea. I wouldn't mind having one for my own birthday.

Anonymous said...

The coasters are lovely and a great idea for a party.

Michele

tilly said...

well done Iris, these look very pretty and I'm sure she will enjoy the party with her friends, Tilly

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

The girl certainly dun good. A wonderful result, and looks so beautiful.
Faith x