Sunday 18 April 2010

Button Jar

I think I have saved myself about £9 here……
Button Jar
My mum was looking at a beautiful but expensive home decor/gift catalogue and showed me a picture of a button jar in it that cost £10 and said “You could make something like that” - well, I am always up for a challenge.
Button Jar 1
The mini kilner jar in the posh catalogue had a ceramic top but I had bought a box of 10 similar jars from The Range for about £7.99, (about a year ago), I think they are for a spice rack really – so the cost of my jar works out at about 80p
I took the orange rubber seal off the jar as I didn’t think I needed it. I made the  tag using a firm kraft brown card.  I put it through my printer using 2 Peas High Tide Font  for the word ‘buttons’.  All I needed to do then was to add an old wooden button and some twine and attach it to the jar.
I can think of quite a few people who would love this as a little present with a few lovely buttons in.

5 comments:

misteejay said...

You can't beat a good button jar - fab version Helen.

Toni :o)

Sarah said...

It never ceases to amaze me how expensive buttons can be, love your jar, would make a fab gift for a crafty friend x

Unknown said...

brilliant and inspired Helen - hope your mum likes it.

Paula x x x

Tinkertaylor said...

What a lovely idea and so cheap!

Justine said...

what a good idea my buttons are all loose in my sewing box - so why didnt I think of that - thanks