Tuesday 13 April 2010

More Experiments with Glass Tile Pendants

9 Glass Pendant Tiles
I’ve had another play with my glass tile pendants – I found a brilliant shop on Etsy where you can download  lovely collage sheets/files of 1in x 1in designs  that fit the tiles exactly http://www.etsy.com/shop/sparrowgraphic – Daryle was very helpful and answered all my queries.
DIGI COLLAGE SHEETS
I downloaded 5 files for about £7- but I can print them off as many times as I like after that. I tweaked each sheet a little bit before I printed them off to make doubly sure that the the design was a tiny bit bigger than the tile itself, thinking I could it trim off when it was dry.
DIGI COLLAGE SHEET Picture 004
I cut out the designs I wanted to use, stuck the tiles onto them and waited for them to dry.
CUT OF PICTURES Picture 011
I am quite pleased with the results, these were done in a rush as I was excited and wanted to try out the design sheets, so next time I will be a bit neater. I wouldn’t embellish them as I did with my first attempts as it just doesn’t  look right. However, I am thinking that a tiny bit of translucent micro glitter might add sparkle to the designs before they are stuck to the tile.   What this space………
Picture 016
I have tried to roughly calculate what each finished pendant will cost me – the glass tile –10p, the bail fastener 20p and square from design sheet 5p plus a bottle of  Anita’s 3D gloss finish – about 35 to 50p?
Picture 027
I am just experimenting/playing with my new bits and pieces, but if you want to find out more just Google “glass tile pendants”, there is a ton of stuff out there about them.

12 comments:

Deborah said...

These look fantastic Helen, i think you may be right about not embellishing the front. My head is working overtime just now, i,m thinking christmas, my dd2 has a group of very close friends, think i may have found their gifts.Keep up the good work
xxx

Julia Dunnit said...

These are out of the box gorgeous.
Well done you - so much foresight!

Sandra said...

oh wow these are just stunning, I love them to bits.

Unknown said...

Wow Helen - these are stunning - well done and thanks for the information on costs etc... i just love all the bright girly colours here and agree that they will make superb gifts and any you might sell will surely offset your costs...

brill!

Paula x x x

Crafty JuJu said...

Wow there gorgeous :D This is something I've wanted try for ages so thankyou very much for the links :D x Can't wait to see more

Tinkertaylor said...

You have transformed a dull glass tile into something absolutely stunning

Tracey and Paul said...

they are absolutely gorgeous !!

Pamela said...

WOW! Well done you these are stunning. Such a simple idea but great finished items.

Merry said...

These are so pretty...thanks so much for all your info as you go along in your experiments.

Jewelry Making Tools said...

Wow, what a great idea, and great find! I've always loved glass pendants & magnets, now I know how to make my own :)

Lou x said...

These are amazing, I have to try them!! They will make lovely gifts :)

Pootle said...

I love these!! They look fantastic. Do you know of any UK stockists too or just Ebay US? Your blog is soooo brilliant. You are an inspiration! - Pootle Flump x