Sunday 5 December 2010

A New Challenge For Me?

Fairydoodler Card
I had an e-mail last week from Gayle who works under the name of Fairydoodler creating lovely online digital designs.  As she isn’t a crafter, she asked if I would perhaps work with her designs to look at ways that they can  be used in card making etc. I am a little apprehensive, as this is very new to me, but I have said yes…… nothing ventured and all that. 
Publication2
For this card I have taken an image from one of Gayle’s sets - “A Very Green Christmas” and fiddle farted about  with it using Publisher (which I find the easiest programme to manipulate images for my crafting). I’ve simply  cropped, copied and pasted to make a sheet of images to create a simple decoupage card.
Fairydoodler Card 1
I’ve mat and layered the main image on white, silver and navy card and then added a bit of faux stitching. Then I have decoupaged his hat, mittens, scarf and little bird.  To complete the design I’ve added the sentiment, punched snowflakes, a few gems and some micro glitter on the snow and sky.
Picture 231
I love that Gayle has used subtle, slightly different colours to what I would usually go for, and I also love the detail in the scarf and gloves.
hankie box
Freebie Alert ......
To see more of Gayle’s designs click on the link below where there is a freebie to download.
http://www.aimeeasher.com/shoppe/manufacturers.php?manufacturerid=61
But, if you don't want to sign up to the Aimee Asher site you can follow Gayle's new blog:- http://fairydoodler-fairydoodlersden.blogspot.com/ where the freebie is available there too

3 comments:

BlueCat said...

You did a fantastic card.

I love making 3d cards.

Debbie (Little Gingham Bear) said...

He's fabulous - would great as pyramage as well
Hugs,
Debbie x

PepPop said...

Fantastic card and love the image. His gloves are gorgeous. Jaqui x