In answer to Nicollete’s question.
Nicollette: Helen, what is your process for decoupage?
To be honest Nicollette I don’t think what I do is really decoupage, it’s just my way of adding a bit of dimension when I use a printed image on any of my cards. But, I’ll run through what I have done in the card below for you:-
- Find image, decide which bits I want to stand out and then put together an A4 sheet of everything I need, (plus a few extra, in case my cutting out is a bit shonky). I use Publisher to do this, cropping, copying and pasting the images.
- Print off.
- Put main image on the card (after matting and layering etc.)
- With the snowman I have cut out and used two images of the hat and gloves, one of the bird, and two of the scarf adding an extra layer for the centre bit – no descending shapes etc. like proper decoupage – it’s very, very basic.
- I put them together using Poundland foam sticky pads that I cut down.
- That’s it really, except I add twiddly fiddly bits, like flat back gems etc for extra bling.