Following on from yesterday, I decided to have a play with my Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. Last week I popped into The Range and bought some ivory hessian and gauze type fabric, with making flowers in mind …. but I am a bit disappointed, the pictures of what I have made show a bit of an experiment, which still needs a bit more fine tuning …..
This is my first effort, but it looks so flat …. it doesn’t pop, and I am not sure that just adding more layers will make it any better ….. plus, I know the centre brad is a bit pants and needs to be a bit fancier …..and my bit of staining using felt pen to add a bit of colour hasn’t helped much either …. but onwards and upwards ..
I decided to cut out another flower using the gingham that Carole sent me (see yesterday's post), it looks better, but …. I’m not keen on the blue staining now …. but we’re slowly getting there …. but rather than bin it, which was my first inclination and start again … I’ve stuck it on a hair clip ….
…… part of a pack I got from Poundworld (for £1!!!!!)
This was all very hit and miss …. but now I’ve made this first one I know where I’m going wrong …. I think I need to add another light, floaty, flowery fabric to add colour between the original fabrics and a prettier brad …. but any other suggestions will be gratefully accepted!