Tuesday 9 August 2011

My Lucky Holey Stone Bracelet.

Holey Stone Charm Bracelet
Whenever I go away to the sea I have to spend an hour or so each day looking for “holey stones” – I just like stones with holes in them and didn’t realise that there were any magical powers attributed to them until I found a couple of articles while blog hopping …
Lucky Holey Stone Bracelet
“Holey stones are old stones carved by nature; water, wind and sun, and have holes that go completely through them. These stones are reputed to have extremely powerful magical properties, the most important of which is protection.”
Picture 178

I have a huge vase filled with them on the windowsill of my Craftroom, the little ones I am starting to make into “charm” bracelets, but as you can see, I need a bit more practice with the findings which I find very fiddly to work with.  The large ones I give to friends now and again …. but they have to be “special” friends as I love each and every stone I have ever found.

6 comments:

Angie said...

How interesting ...think I will start to look for them too.

marc said...

i have always called them magical mermaid stones and they are very lucky we have always had them hung by the door for luck and protection big love marc

Sue said...

Now I didn't know about the protection and will be looking for holey pebbles next time I go to the beach.

Great idea to make them into jewellery, love the natural look.

Best wishes Sue

Barb Cady said...

Thats interesting, want to go to the sea now! Do you have to burn the ends of the cord when you attach them to findings? I have never made any but want to have a go now! PS. Hope you got my email? Could you send me your address as I have a card for you? Happy braceleting! xx

Di said...

I love my holey stone - it's making life here especially good in my new home! Marvin xx

Rustyhammer said...

Another one that 'collects' stones from beaches. I have a couple of the holey ones too - but didn't know there was any 'luck' or 'protection' associated with them. Now feeling the 'need' to make a little stone jewellery...

I always push one side over the cord first, then push the other side down. They are difficult to push over, and I often feel like I'm squeezing so hard I will break my pliers - but so far they are intact. I don't knot, or burn the ends, just simply lay them on the finding, and push the side down.