Wednesday 10 August 2011

Old Photo Album Display

Photo Album Display
Recently the school where I work celebrated its Centenary and so there was a lot of activity going on putting up displays and I thought I would show you one of mine as a bit of change from cards etc.
Picture 193
The original albums
The original photo albums, dating back to 1911, were too delicate to have on display, so as this display was for the PE Department I photocopied all  PE related pictures from them and then replicated the albums and pages they were in/on as best I could.
Picture 195
My replicas albums …..
Picture 196
….. and pages …
Picture 199
I made and covered boxes, and then dated them to put the albums in and people could take them out to look at and handle.
Picture 191
The border of the panel  was made from more modern photocopied photos to add a then and now theme.
Picture 192
Finally to add dimension and accentuate the sporting theme I’ve put four plastic trophies that I found in a party shop on little podiums near the top and two sets of the Colours the girls are awarded with at the end of the year at the bottom.

9 comments:

Angie said...

What a fantastic display you created ... bet the school was pleased.

sue said...

What a fabulous display and so much work, what an achievement. I am sure everyone really enjoyed it.

Suze Bain said...

You certainly put a lot of time and effort into this. It's fabulous - love the contrast between the old and the new. xx

Diane said...

As one of the 'old girls' who visited the school. I can say that all the displays were absolutely brilliant. Well done, Helen. xx

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

Wow this is such a stunning display, well done for having the patience to take on this task, hugs Debbie x

Cheryl W. said...

Oh, my stars! This is a lot of work! I can only imagine how pleased and appreciative everyone at school was. Bet the PE department had the best display of all!

Unknown said...

What a gerat idea! It is fab i love it!

Anj said...

what a wonderful display, ten out of ten AND a gold star!! x

Maggie Lowe said...

Great post thanks for sharing. This one of the most creative things i've seen in a while.The display of photo album is fantastic ideas and a attractive display.Photo Album