Sunday 4 September 2011

Christmas is Coming with DoCrafts and Dovecraft

Creativity Magazine
Yesterday, I nipped to our local garden centre where they also have quite a good craft section as I wanted this months DoCrafts Creativity Magazine, primarily for the free stamp set with it  (a smaller version of a new set of Christmas stamps they have just bought out), but I have to say that the  magazine has improved quite a lot. I used to think it was a bit old fashioned, but there are quite a few ideas in it that I want to try.
Free Stamps
I wasn’t intending on buying any papers but  this pack of Dovecraft papers (£3.99) did fall into my basket! What impressed me was that the designs are small and the patterns quite close together.  I have been caught out so many times thinking that papers in a 6” x 6” pack would be scaled down, only to find it’s just the large paper/design cut down to size, if that makes sense.
DoCrafts Back to Basics 8 x 8 paper Pack
But these papers are perfectly scaled to the size that I need to go with most of the Christmas embellishments I plan to use and there is not one design that I don’t like, so hopefully the whole pack will get used this year.
DoCrafts Back To Basics Christmas pack
My paper design of choice this year is a small print red with white polka dots, I just cannot get enough of it, last year I was all red gingham …. but I have been swayed!

10 comments:

Mrs A. said...

There is a similar pack in Simply Cards & Papercrafts issue 88. All small patterns. Hugs Mrs A.

misteejay said...

DoCrafts have certainly up'd their game. So many lovely bits in the new Christmas ranges.

Toni xx

Bee and Dee said...

I do agree the magazine has really improved, there is a few things I want to try. Thanks for the heads up on the paper, it's great when someone shows you a paper pack. Hugs Bee

Suze Bain said...

Yes, I give in, it's time to start thinking about christmas. There's a 6x6 pack of My Minds Eye paper in the new Cardmaking & Papercraft mag. xx

Its All Fiddle Fart said...

Suze .... I love My Minds Eye Stella and Rose paper packs this year ..... but at the moment my resolve is high!!

marc said...

i have those christmas papers and Helen they are so you birdcage bubules very retro yep its time Helen you got started on your christmas makes lol 100s of peps are waiting to see what fab things you make, as so many things you make sell so well and look so good ,just you wait and see those mint sells will go up and every circule punch will be out of stock before you can say candy cane i am so looking forward to the magic of christmas in Fiddle Fart world but just before you do that could we have some trick or treat makes lol big love always marc

Anj said...

Quality Save have Lizzie Shaw mints £1.69 including the yummy orange variety.

Its All Fiddle Fart said...

What are you like Marc ..... no pressure then ..... what if I get brain freeze????

My Christmas stuff starts from October 1st.

I have a few Halloween bits scheduled ..... but I am waiting to see what stickers Accessorize dot his year as last year they were just too brilliant and what the Poundshops have.

Still thinking about the keys Marc ..... wanted to do some Santa's Secret keys ... but need a good poem ....

And will be doing Snowman Soup for the third year running with a new insert design.

As for the mints .... that again depends on Anitas, Poundland and Accessorize.

marc said...

LOL Helen if your brain freezes i will die were else would i go for inspiration you start when you start and finish when you have enougth oooooooooooopoundland i love it i will have to look out for a poem i am sure one of your followers might be able to help put a call out for poems big love maerc

Bumblebee said...

I want those stamps now! stamps are my weakness!!!!!!