Saturday 17 September 2011

Sock Jam

Not much crafting here today and I can’t claim this to be my idea either! I saw little jars of baby socks that had labels on saying Baby Jam in a shop window, when I was on holiday in Brixham and I thought it was an idea that I could use, especially for Christmas and birthdays.
Picture 301
I can’t bear to throw these empty Douwe Egberts coffee jars away, it seems such as waste as they are screaming to be filled with something else and now I have found a perfect use for them. Each jar will take up to two pairs of socks.
sock Jam 1
I designed and then printed the labels (one on each side of the jar) on canvas inkjet paper to add a bit of texture and then filled the top with lots of spare seed beads for added glitz.

7 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

What a great idea - I love it! I always give socks at Christmas and this is a terrific way to package them. TFS

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

A lovely idea - think of all the different baby-related goodies you could package this way.

Jill

marc said...

i have seen this in a really expensive shop they were £8.99 and were selling well but yours are far better i to cant throw away the coffee jars i love the way you filled the top that alone is genius fab for a christmas sell or just that small gift thanks again for sharing big love marc

Angie said...

brilliant ...I hate throwing out those jars to ... they look so amazing I might just have to give this a try.

Libby said...

Hi, love your blog :) if you like nail art, please check out my blog xx

Anonymous said...

Fab idea.....Thanx for sharing the idea with us. xx jo xx

Unknown said...

This is really cute! I love Dowe Egberts jars. I make mine into vintage style jars (old style label & ribbon around the top) & next I want to make sewing kits in a jar. How did you get the bits in the top? Does the plastic but come off easily?