Friday 14 October 2011

Recycled Suitcase

Recycled Suitcase
Well, I’ve finally finished my recycled suitcase, and it didn’t take half the time I thought it would.
recycled suitcase 1
I can’t exactly say that I enjoyed cutting round all the fiddly bits to go round the rivets at the ends of lid etc., but it was worth it in the end.
Recycled Suitcase 4
I’ve gone over it with several coats of clear varnish which will give it some degree of waterproof-ness if I decide to actually use it and get caught in the rain.
andys nokia 382
….. and if I ever do another one, I think I will use a thinner paper, DCWV papers are very strong but perhaps a little too thick for a perfectly smooth finish if papers are overlapped.

9 comments:

Peonies and Pennies said...

Oh I just love it. Its so beautiful. Will be looking out for a suitcase at the next car boot sale we go to.

Mrs A. said...

Very pretty. You won't miss it on the luggage conveyor belt at the airpport! Hugs Mrs A & Norm.

marc said...

its says holiday a fab make and looks great big love marc

Unknown said...

Absolutely awesome!!! Sue x

Unknown said...

That looks amazing - well done!

tilly said...

well we will all spot you with that case, what a beautiful job with all the cutting lol
Tilly

Anj said...

thats an amazing project - well done! x

Bubbles said...

Wow. Yep, just "wow"!
it's amazing! :)

Hook, Line and Sink Her said...

This is so pretty! I feel the need to decoupage right this minute.