Wednesday 16 November 2011

Pamper Jar

Pamper Jar
Usually at Christmas I make up a little basket of goodies like bubble bath, face packs etc. to put in my guest bedrooms but when I saw this idea for “Pampering in a Jar” on the brilliant blog below,  I just had to have a go …..
I’ve been saving large Douwe Egberts coffee jars for ages as they are just to decorative to throw away.  All I’ve added is a very simple label using an A4 sheet of printable canvas and a bit of bling.
Pamper Jar 2
I haven’t filled it completely yet, but when I am on my travels I will be looking for miniature versions of popular products in Boots, Superdrug and Asda, especially if they have a 3 for 2 offer on.
As an extra touch I’ve popped a Yankee Candle tea light into the lid of the jar, so that when my guests are having a little pamper they are also surrounded with beautiful wafts of perfume!
andys nokia 548
It’s well worth having a look at Tonia’s blog as she has a lot of other brilliant ideas for gifts in jars along with a lot of other ideas too
Jars are really versatile for crafting ideas but I HATE trying to remove all the sticky stuff off them …..  until I found this in Aldi - £2.99 a bottle ….. its brilliant!
sticky stuff remover

5 comments:

marc said...

great idea you now have to go to all the perfume make up counters and see if they have any free samples often at this time of year they have little tester size things fab web site well worth marking big love Marc

Unknown said...

WD40 is also good for removing sticky stuff too.

I am doing something with a Dowe Egberts coffee jar and I'm so excited! Can i email you a photo when it's done? Obviously if it's any good, it may turn out rubbish!

Suze Bain said...

A super idea and I love the tealight in the lid, nice touch! xx

tilly said...

a super idea, they are lovely jars, off to Aldi later for some sticky stuff remover lol
Tilly

Unknown said...

Thanks for adding a link to my in your blog post and your kind words! I love the idea of putting the candle in the lid. BTW my husband loves Douwe Egberts coffee!!