Saturday 25 February 2012

Altered Bookplate – Mark One

Well, I was determined to use parts from the necklaces that found their way into  my shopping bag the other week and this is what I have come up with …..
Altered Bookplate
I think I may have overworked it a bit because the bookplate is hardly visible! I put an old fashioned Dymo label in the middle and then filled in the centre with Ranger Glossy Accents, but I overdid that too, so it’s gone over the frame a bit ….. doh! 
I plan to pin this version on my Kath Kidston bag, but I am going to try and fine tune the idea when I have five minutes. I was thinking that it would make a nice little plaque on a gift box or as an embellishment on a beer mat calendar perhaps?……..

5 comments:

marc said...

it looks fab and is fab and i dont think its to much you only learn things while you do them love the flowers and it would look great on a box or a fairy door or a bird cage big love marc

Carole Z said...

It's fabulous! I don't think you've over worked it all - it just makes it appear all the more 'luxurious' - gives it a richness, lovely! Carole Z X

Suze Bain said...

It's reallt lovely, like an old fashioned brooch. xx

tilly said...

it's really fab, at least you are having your moneys worth from your purchase
Tilly

lonidan said...

I really love this. The brooch part looks really old fashioned and pretty and not at all too much. Louise xx