Friday 24 February 2012

Key To My Heart Memory Frame

The picture on the left is taken from Tim Holtz’s Compendium of Curiosities.
Tim Holtz Compendium of CuriositiesMemory Capsule
The one on the right is my second attempt of a version of Tim Holtz memory frame pendant, this time I have used a Ranger 1” x 3” antique copper Memory Frame and a 1” x 3” Memory Capsule, all by Ranger.
013
I wasn’t too sure about the bulldog clip (too red) and the heart (too fancy) ….. so in the end I took them both off and turned the Memory Frame around, which is much more me and easier to wear.
015
I am really, really trying to resist buying too much of Tim’s paraphernalia, though I love it all dearly, I know I would be heading for a very expensive diversion ….. so with just a few key elements, I am holding myself back by making use of my own found treasures that I have collected over the years and will improvise with them instead.

3 comments:

marc said...

thats the way to do it you dont need his expensive iteams look on ebay for charms but most of all use old things you have other wise every thing looks the same you have lots of fab things hiden way i am likeing what you are doing big love marc

marc said...

ps i like your better i like the heart and red clip big love x x

Julie Brooks said...

I think your efforts are brilliant and you're braver than me! I also agree that even though all the Tim Holtz stuff is very lovely and very desirable, it is also rather pricey so I am also having to resist the temptation!