Tuesday 14 February 2012

Diamond Jubilee Crafts - Fiddle-Fart Designer Bag!

Newsprint Bag
I saw this picture in one of the Sunday papers of Cheryl Cole with a designer newsprint bag by Anya Hindmarsh and I thought it would be funny to make my own, especially as I make so many newspaper cards and save myself £190 at the same time!!!
031
First I put together the design using Publisher
Newpaper Newsprint Bag Diamond Jubilee
I liked the idea of just using black and white with just the union flags in colour.  Then, just as I was about to put the transfer paper into the printer I suddenly remembered to reverse the image so that it was the right when I ironed it onto the fabric, how many times have I forgotten to do that before?!!!!
Crown
I was thrilled with how it turned out, and decided to add just a few flat backed gems for extra bling.
020
I am just praying that I get tickets for the Diamond Jubilee Concert … so I can use it …. for my programme and popcorn .....
Royal Bunting
… if I’m not thrown in the Tower for treason first!

18 comments:

Bitter_Angel said...

Pretty bag.
Not sure if it would work on this project, but instead of reversing and ironing, have you thought of printing direct to your material?
You can use sticky paper, like post labels, stuck flat to material. Then just feed through your printer, material side up.

Kris said...

I heart this bag and want one! You should go into production! You do have the best ideas Helen! XXX

marc said...

love it your s o out there in a hello mag sort of way big love marc

Claire Ellen Designs said...

I just love, love, love it ! this is such a fabby idea and a great design - well done you - much better than the expensive one donned by Ms Cole.
Claire

Ali said...

Brilliant... move over Anya Hindmarsh your time is up - lol xx

Paula said...

Oh, Helen, this is amazing! What a great idea and what a fab design. LOVE IT!

Lynda said...

Great idea Helen, love it!

jodpea said...

That is a perfect example of "£190?? I could make that!" Its brilliant, well done!

Suze Bain said...

Love this, what a fab idea - people are going to be stopping you in the streets! xx

Pamela said...

Great bag and I hope to see it in the flesh! I've applied for tickets too.

Charlotte Foote said...

That's fantastic Helen, fingers crossed you get your tickets

Sue

lonidan said...

Love the bag and ditto pamela as i have applied for tickets for said concert. Possibly you could do a little run of them for anyone that is lucky enough to win ... so much more original for recognising each other than the red rose and folded newspaper!!!!
louise xx

Jem said...

You deserve a 'by Royal Appointment' warrant... Janex

Angie said...

Brilliant xx

Carole Z said...

Super bag! Really love it- hope you get your tickets! X

sue said...

Hope you get your tickets for the concert. I've applied too. Fingers crossed for us too. I agree the bag is just perfect for the ocassion. x

lynda said...

Holy Moly!!! I want one of these!! - NO! Correction! - I NEED one of these!! Fab! Fab! Fab! Just showed the bag to 'Grandma' Winnie - she loves it - now she wants one with Hamish on it - in his kilt and sporran!!! I am useless at Publisher but I am going to have a 'go'! You never fail to amaze me Helen - hope you and 'the boys' are well!

Lynda x

tilly said...

wow, I love your bag, what a great idea and just a fraction of the price of Ms Cole's! bet she would be mad if she saw yours lol
Tilly