Tuesday 3 April 2012

Ladyboy Card

This card is A5 in size using a blank made from white linen effect card.
001
This has got to be one of the strangest cards I have ever made, but perfect for the gentleman it was for!  The brief was for a card for my sister-in-laws neighbour who travels to Thailand on business frequently and as a result is the butt of many jokes and if I could come up with a  ladyboy theme that would be brilliant,  no pressure then!
ladyboy card
I wracked my brains and then, all of a sudden, remembered the paper dolls that used to be on the back of Bunty when I was a girl! So I did a bit of Googling and found this paper doll set,  bulls-eye!! The background picture is a street at night in Bangkok, perfect!
005
I’ve made simple decoupage layers for the lady and her dresses, adding micro glitter, small gems and a layered flower in her hair.  The old fashioned style Dymo tape just finishes the whole effect. I just love it when my mind goes off at a weird tangent!!

4 comments:

marc said...

this is a fun card and a great idiea i have a large collection of 1920 to 1950 pin up pictuers on a cd that i often use for mens cards as they are naughty in that pictuer post card way but not vulgar so dont offend love what you have done big love marc

tilly said...

wish my mind would go off and do one sometimes, love the idea, it works so well
Tilly

Suze Bain said...

A fab card, bet it gave everyone a great laugh - and I remember Bunty so well! xx

Angie said...

Very clever ...love it