Tuesday 24 April 2012

MyScriptFont.com

No crafts today, but I thought I would show you how I “make” my own fonts, it’s so easy, it’s untrue, but with your own font you can make so many projects so much more personal and special.
FiddleFartDottyFont
The site I use is - http://www.myscriptfont.com/
MyScriptFont.cpm
The instructions are simple to follow, first you need to download the template and print it off and then fill it in with your own handwriting, however you want to do it….
MyScriptFont.com template
Then you need to scan it, the site will tell you what setting to use etc. When it is scanned you go back to the site and upload it, give it a name and then click on “send file” and then in a minute or so your font is ready to install on your computer, it really is that simple, just follow all the instructions.
FiddlefartFont
I’m addicted ……. have fun!

7 comments:

marc said...

thanks for sharing i am lucky i managed to buy your font when you had it for sale its great to use
and really makes a project big love Marc i would never do one of my handwriting its really bad like a spider with legs missing has tap danced its way across the page trying to spell in a moss code lol big love Marc

Sue said...

Thanks for that.

Paula said...

Thanks Helen. I remember you showing this once before but if I recall, it required payment, and I couldn't justify paying out to do it. It will be good to have a play around with this. Thanks.

Toni said...

Thank you for this but I don't think my handwriting would have the same effect as yours. Always think your writing looks great on your cards.
Toni xx

Nicky Stevenson said...

Love this! Have just made my own Creativeflourishes font - thanks so much for the link and instructions. x

Roni said...

Thank you so much Helen, you are so kind sharing the link with us, I missed out on your font the last time so it will be fun to see what I can come up with!!

Big hugs
Roni :D xox

Jem said...

I bought you font as well Helen when it came out and use it a lot. I especially like because it has a 'proper' letter a.... Thanks for sharing. Janex