Thursday 9 August 2012

40th Birthday Card For A Vicar

I have a lovely old gentleman who asks me to make him a “Special” card every now and again, and they are always a challenge!!
40th Birthday Card for a vicar
The only brief I had was Father Joe, 40 and Team Vicar, but knowing my gentleman has a good sense of humour I decided to throw caution to the wind and go with what came into my mind first …….. and then “pray” that I got tone right”G'day Card
I use Publisher to put the card design together, I have a basic template, but depending on the wording and theme it tends to change with each card. I try to get the wording right first and then it’s positioning, followed by finding suitable free images which in this case it wasn’t that easy!
Priests Birthday Card
Then comes more fiddle-farting to get the images to fit ….. a card like this can take up to two hours to get it just right …. before any cutting and sticking gets done. Once I am happy with the whole thing I save it all as a JPEG and then insert it in size a little smaller that A5 onto an A4 sheet (Landscape), then copy, paste and crop parts from it to make the simple decoupage layers (I hope that makes sense) until it looks like the sheet above.
Priests Birthday cardNow I ready to put the card together, making an A5 card blank, mat and layering the front on silver then cutting out the decoupage layers, which I stick down with adhesive foam pads.
Simple decoupage layers
Nothing too fancy …. I
Newspaper Card The Birthday Times
Finally a few stars, micro glitter and the odd splodge of Ranger Glossy Accents add the final touches  in texture and extra dimension.
Vicars Birthday Card I just hope I am not struck down for it!!!

9 comments:

Sue said...

No pressure on that one then:)

tilly said...

this is brilliant and I'm sure he will love it (well, I hope so lol)wish I had your idea's lol
Tilly

misteejay said...

What a super fun card - I'm sure it will be a big hit.

Toni xx

Dianne said...

Quite amazing in every way...so much work but such fantastic results!...Dianne

Suze Bain said...

Absolutely fab - bet it gave everyone a good chuckle. xx

Cheryl W. said...

I'll bet my retirement fund that this will be the best card he receives!

marc said...

this made me smile and i am sure he will to big love marc

Roni said...

Lol, love your sense of humour Helen!!

Big hugs
Roni :O) xox

Jose said...

Another great newspaper card, and thank you for telling us you made it in Publisher, I have often wondered which programme you use for these cards.
Jose