Progress on my “boudoir” mirrors is proving to be slow, but thanks to all the precious bits and pieces Marc gave me during my half term visit I have been able to progress a little further towards their completion.
On Saturday afternoon (2nd March) I spent several hours working on them, one on each side of my work area, so that I could go quickly between the two, owing to my going all anal about making them look almost identical. To be honest, when I had finished it didn’t look like I had done very much ….. but as my fingers got increasing covered with glue and irritating I decided to call it another day.
I think another afternoon filling up the remaining gaps should complete the overall effect and then I will need to see where I need to add an extra layer or two to add depth and a little more opulence. I have some birds and butterflies from dissembled necklaces to do that with, but I still think I may need some large Primark type flowers to get the look absolutely right. The narrowness of the mirror frames has limited my scope for flamboyance a little, but by using the first layer of jewels as a base I am hoping that I will be able to spread a little more to the sides and over the mirror, some of the lower pieces will be partially hidden, but, in away, that will hopefully add to the eventual magic. So bear with me a little longer and watch this space.