Friday 17 April 2015

Nine Square Owl Card using Paperchase Stickers

This card measures 5ins x 5ins and is made using a white linen effect,hand cut blank.
This card follows on from Monday’s post, when I was wondering what to do with the rest of the stickers from packet of Paperchase stickers I had opened just for the tree ones …… now I am trying to use up so much of my stuff I didn’t want to put the opened pack back in the box to go unused for another year or so ……..
So to use them up ….it had to be a nine square card didn't it!!! I used my X-cut 1 inch scalloped square punch to cut out the backgrounds, to be honest the Bazzill card colours I chose were quite dull and muted, colours I would not normally choose to work with, but they work.  Marc is forever telling me that “sometimes” I have to make cards that may not be to my taste but which others will love!  I had two packets of the stickers, so after the house cards and this card I should have enough left for at least another four cards of this design …… and another small part of my stash bites the dust!

4 comments:

Cheryl W said...

It looks perfect! I like Marc's advice. I think I need to take that to heart, too.

Mrs B said...

Hi Helen. Great card, yes, the colours may be muted but they all work so well together. I love your nine square cards : ) Take care.

Susan said...

Job done! A brilliant way to get through stash. I often give up with mine and end up 'donating' it. Note to self - take a leaf from Helen's book. Thanks Helen.

marc said...

i make lots of things i myself would not really like but i know others would love them as some of the things i love others would not, taste is one mans marg and another mans butter and yes ladies and gents use up your stash to make cards etc i keep the cards blank and make them up in to boxs to give as birthday and christmas gifts for friends and family they love them as everyone needs a card at some point and as we know cards can be expensive and my friends with kids at school love them as i make child cards as every mum knows just how many birthday parties kids get invited to love this card myself big love marc