Friday 3 July 2015

Lollipop Card

This card measures 4ins x 6ins and is made using a white, linen effect hand cut card blank.
I am not at all sure about this card!!! I love the lolly embellishment, but it seems lost in a sea of unnecessary mat, layering and doodling!!! There has got to be a better way!
I fell in love with these lolly embellishments as soon as I saw them, umpteen million years ago, but despite getting them out an equal umpteen million times I just haven’t come up with an effective way to use them ……. so any suggestions much appreciated, all answers on a postcard please!!

5 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I think your card is pretty fabulous...and I bet you come up with even better ideas in the future. Wish I could offer you some suggestions, but I'm hopeless!

Anonymous said...

To me it looks like a balloon - maybe something with a character holding it? I'm not good at this at all. I actually really like what you've done.

Roni said...

I like your card I think it's lovely :D the only thing I'd maybe do differently is red or yellow gingham instead of the blue to match your lolly??

Im hopeless too Helen at ideas but I always think lollies and sweeties go together?! What about plain white card, no layering, just hand drawn (maybe brightly coloured to match your lolly) doodled sweets and your lollipop on the card??

Or just leave it the way it is! ;)

Big hugs
Roni :D xox

Roni said...

Sorry Helen I just zoomed in on your lolly didn't realise there was blue there so you had already matched your gingham with your lolly!! :S

Big hugs
Roni xox

Susan said...

I love your lollipop card!