Tuesday 13 November 2018

Advent Drawer Tuesday.

I think I have said before that I can go back to an Advent drawer several times before I am 100% happy with it.
IMG_9422
The calendar is sat sitting on the window sill directly in front of my work table so that I can look at it and then fiddle fart some more when inspiration finally strikes.
penguin Advent drawer
It’s also good to step away from a drawer for a while, working up close on such a small object sometimes makes the tiniest space seem like a yawning chasm desperate to be filled. There is, I think, something missing from between the penguins (above), I just don’t know what yet …… a fish, a cracker, some snowballs? Hmmmmm
snowman advent drawer
I also think that the numbers on both drawers need another coat or two of white Posca pen followed by a layer of Ranger Glossy Accents to add extra texture and dimension.

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

It looks like it is coming along quite nicely. It's going to be wonderful when it is finished!

marc said...

i know its going to be a work of art i am lucky i have seen them in real life and even crafted one with Helen such fun i loved every minute if you saw them you really would want one these are an heirloom makes each made with love and no two the same my girl needs to sell these big love marc