Monday 12 November 2018

Jewelled Snowflake Door Wreath

Sometimes I need saving from myself ……..
jewelled snowflake wreath 5
….. and this idea was one of those times!  I knew I wanted something spectacular for my front door this Christmas, but I got a little carried away and in the end I had to say enough is enough, there is only so much encrustment of jewels this poor snowflake can take!
IMG_8947
I knew I wanted a snowflake theme and had saved ideas from Pinterest but it wasn’t until I spotted this large, silver glitter snowflake for just £1.49 in B M Bargains that the light bulb finally went on.
IMG_8948
But, as I was walking home carrying it I started to kick myself for going for the silver option (white, red and gold also available) as I had already previously purchased a box of smaller gold snowflakes above …….. however by the time I got back to The Towers I had convinced myself that an all silver decoration might be a little bland ….. if terribly tasteful.
  Snowflake door wreath Christmas
To truly put my mind at rest I needed to play and that’s when I got possessed by all that sparkles! 
IMG_8967IMG_8966IMG_8968

The gold snowflakes indeed looked good against the silver, as did the crystal one in the centre, all glued with E6000 as this was a project that really needed to be well stuck together ……..
IMG_8969IMG_8970

…… but  I then remembered the plastic iridescent and glittered snowflakes I have had forever, cut from an old garland found in a charity shop that have so nearly been binned for lack of inspiration. 
jewelled snowflake wreath 1jewelled snowflake wreath 3
At this stage I knew I needed to stop and come back to the project a little later because I was fast becoming overtaken by the thought of looking at my broken jewellery box and realising just how over the top this snowflake become.
jewelled snowflake wreath 7
On returning to the wreath I only added pieces from a clear glass bracelet, I had enough to keep the design symetrical and even but with that I added more pearls and clear flat back gems and a smattering of smaller green and turquoise gems too.
snowflake wreath 2snowflake wreath 4
If I were to do it again I think the coloured gems could have been a little larger.
jewelled snowflake wreath 8
The pictures don’t really do the twinkle and sparkle the wreath gives off justice.I think the wreath is finished, but, if I could just find that elusive little gold embellishment that could possibly add something extra  to reflect the gold in the snowflakes  hmmmmmmmnmnm who knows, I could be working on it again before it eventually goes up.

6 comments:

Cheryl W said...

It's gorgeous! What a wonderfully sparkly way to greet your holiday guests at your door. I love all the extras you added. They make it unique.

tilly said...

That is going to look stunning on your door.... and certainly unique !!
Tilly

ali said...

supberb

Pamela said...

Helen it’s absolutely stunning! I love snowflakes so you couldn’t really go wrong in my eyes. I’d be more than happy to take it off your hands if you decide not to put it up LOL!

CraftyCoffey said...

I absolutely love what you have done to the Snowflake-it’s gorgeous.

Michele

marc said...

o yes and yes again and pound shop have some very fine lights in very delicate that would make this sparkle now how can i get this in my bag lo big love marc