Monday 15 April 2019

I Love You Shadow Box Frame

As I may have mentioned before I have a special expression for both Iris and Bertie when I tell them I love them, especially when saying goodbye. For Bertie, it’s “I love you a big much bit” which he finds hilarious and puts his thumb and forefinger together to indicate a tiny weeny bit, which is sooooooo cute and usually accompanied by snuggles.
I put the sentiment on a Christmas tree decoration for him last year but decided to make him something for his third birthday (where has the time gone???) for his bedroom, so he’ll always be reminded of our little nonsense and how much I love him.
I found these packs of ruler embellishments on EBay (3 pks of 6 rulers for just 99p plus £1.59 P & P – working out at 86p per pack) well, it was a no brainer, especially because as soon as I saw them I had a nugget of an idea.
Finding a suitable font for the sentiment wasn’t hard, but the font size and placement wasn’t so easy. I started off big and gradually got  smaller to get it to fit centrally in the frame mount with enough room to add the rulers in a roughly symmetrical design.
After several attempts I was finally happy and the rulers glued into position.
It needed something else, but I wanted to keep it clean looking if you know what I mean.  I knew I didn’t want to add colour and then  I remembered the tiny silver nail art hearts I had from Poundland (assorted pack wheel £1) ages ago.
They were perfect, just a few black dots here and there bought it all together.  I am so chuffed with it and it looks even better in real life, it I am allowed to say that.

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

This looks fantastic! You've preserved the memory of your sweet exchange with Bertie perfectly.

Di said...

And I just cried when I saw this Helen - perfect! xx