Tuesday 14 May 2019

Advent Drawer Tuesday - Let It Snow

I love this drawer, it’s one of the few that I have used a sticker other than the Flying Tiger ones.  The “Let It Snow” came from a pack of sentiments from Hobbycraft.  The proportion of it was just perfect  with the penguins, numbers and snowflakes.
Talking of the snowflakes, I finally used the last of the small, plastic snowflakes I got from The Works last year and I was getting desperate, especially with several other ideas whirling around my head where I wanted to use them.  In the end I decided that I couldn’t wait to see if The Works would have them again this year so I looked on AliExpress as recommended by Marc  and after a bit of a search I found them, minus the diamante for just 100 for £1.04 (as opposed to about 20 for £1), needless to say I bought four lots ……. I am thrilled. 
These snowflakes are just so versatile, the size is perfect (17mm) for so many ideas and can also be layered on some of the larger wooden snowflakes I have for extra dimension.  It will be interesting to see how many of the 400 I have left by the time Christmas comes this year.

3 comments:

tilly said...

surprising what you can find if you rummage long enough on the net....especially from overseas...I have used Ali express a few times lol
Tilly

Cheryl W said...

Perfect Advent drawer! Love the sentiment on it. How lucky that you found the snowflakes you like (and need). I have bought lots of things on AliExpress and have almost always had good luck with the size, quality and price.

marc said...

great find even if it did take time and you nearly ripped your weave out with frustration its always good to look I have never had any problems with ordering from them, yes it takes a bit longer but it's worth it for the savings, let it snow snow snow big love always marc