Wednesday 15 May 2019

Easel Card

This "card is a HUGE thank you to Paula ..........
....... who very kindly sent me these wooden photo frame embellishments from Hobbycraft, as soon as I saw them I had a pretty good idea of what I was going to do with them, especially with Iris's 5th birthday coming up!
I always tell Iris I love her to the moon and back, to the stars and beyonds and to the bottom of the deep blue see, so when I saw her "Guess How Much I Love You" book beside her bed my idea was confirmed.
I found an illustration from the book that  I wanted to use (not sure of copyright here, but this project is a gift, not to be sold and never repeated, if I have infringed any rules, I will take this post down).  I reduced the image to fit the frame embellishment and added the text using Windows Publisher before printing.
I coloured the frame to as nearer match to the sky as I could.  I also added a little colour to the sky and a more grass in order to fill any white space in the sky and cover behind the hearts.
I glued the frame over the picture and waited for it to dry before cutting it out.
Filling the hearts with tiny gold nail embellishments (Poundland) was just the perfect touch, I wasn't sure if they would fit, but when they did I was soooooooooooooooo pleased.
It doesn't show very well in the picture, but also I went over the background of the picture with a Spectrum Noir Crystal Clear "Sparkle" pen so that the picture sparkles in the light, it really does so pretty.
Then, thinking about Iris's great love for drawing and anything arty crafty (she wants an art desk for her birthday)  I glued the picture on to one of the little wooden easels I have had for forever.  I do have some tiny pencils that I would have loved to have added to the easel shelf, but the proportion was not right, however, I still have a couple of weeks left to perhaps find something meant for a dolls house?
This easel will be instead of a birthday card, something hopefully Iris will treasure for many years to come, where perhaps a card would be long forgotten.  

THANK YOU PAULA FOR THE INSPIRATION.

7 comments:

Cheryl W said...

What a great idea! I'm certain Iris will cherish it. She is going to have so many wonderful memories of Nana's crafty gifts.

tilly said...

Wow, what a stunning sentimental gift to treasure, as I am sure Iris will.
Tilly

Paw W said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful, Iris will treasure it I'm sure and I should be thanking you for the inspiration! xx

Paw W said...

Your card is absolutely beautiful, Iris will treasure it forever and I should be thanking you for the inspiration! xx

Unknown said...

This is just lovely Helen! I have a little book called 'The Story of Me" I was given it by my aunt for my 5th. birthday. Each picture inside has a space on the face for my facial photo to be 'inserted'. My aunt was very 'crafty' and she was also like a 2nd mother. To this day - and I'm approaching 71 this year - I treasure my little book and I'm sure Iris will be the same. Can't believe she is 5 Xx

marc said...

its fab she is going to preserve with it lol big fab love marc

Roni said...

This is lovely Helen, Iris will cherish it for years to come <3
Hugs Roni :D xox