Monday 20 May 2019

Nine Square Card Gardening Card

This card measures 5 3/4ins x 5 3/4 ins and is made using a hand cut white linen effect card blank.
The box of 72 small, wooden, garden themed, laser cut embellishments was a chance find, for just £1, from a discount type shop in nearby Pershore, perfect for this nine square gardening card.

I coloured each shape with my now ancient Whisper pens, followed by gluing them onto 1 1/4 ins scrap white squares.  They looked a bit stark so I added doodled lines round the edges and clusters of three dots using a black fine liner pen. To accentuate the edges of the shapes I also used a little white gel pen but it sort of absorbed into the wood, but I quite like the effect.
I then cut a 4 1/2 in white square, which I mat and layered on silver mirror card to put in the centre of the card blank, before adding the embellished small squares.
The finished card looks OK, but, if I were to do it again I think I might cover the front of the card completely with a subtle green, patterned paper to make the centre panel pop a little more.  I think I am right off using white at the moment!!!

I think there is also a single card to be made using the bird shapes, either in a small frame or stuck over the wooden heart.  Lots of food for thought so watch this space.

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

I think it looks great the way it is, but I'd also like to see how it would look with the green paper behind your matted square. Cute embellishments!

CraftyCoffey said...

Your card looks fantastic, I think the White on White looks great.

Michele