Thursday 5 September 2019

A Bit Of Bargain Hunting

With Halloween and Christmas fast approaching I have been trying to hunt out a few bargains for a ideas I have in mind.
I am really into diorama's this year, as you will find out in a couple of future posts.  These frames from B & M Bargains have a bit of depth to them to take larger embellishments and the fact that they are glittery is an extra bonus that lends them to Christmas.  I paid £2 for the four frames, working out at 50p each, which is neither here nor there in the scheme of things, when it comes to making Christmas decorations.
Also in B & M Bargains these mirrored soap dishes were reduced from £2.49 to 50p each, I am thinking diorama again, something plain and simple...... however, they might also look quite nice with a few festive nibbles in (???)  ...... so, if I don't create anything with them this year, it won't really matter as they will still get used in some way or other.
I then found this glass lanterns in Poundstretcher amongst the gardening bits and pieces marked at £1 each, however there was a sign that said there was 25% off all garden items, but it wasn't clear what was included, so when I took them to the checkout and enquired the manager had a look and over rode the till .....  result, 75p each!  At the moment I am thinking Halloween by just sticking simple, black paper shapes on them to look like monster faces to put out in the grounds at the back of my flat. I am having a special Halloween Iris and Bertie sleepover and wanted to make a little, lit up, Halloween walk for them ...... then the fun and games I am sure they will come in handy for Christmas with a few gems glued on and perhaps beads/ribbons added on the handles?

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

Everyone of these finds is excellent! Especially since you have so many ideas for them. I'm looking forward to seeing the final product, once that creative mind of yours starts churning. :)