Wednesday 4 September 2019

Patchwork Christmas Card Using Stickers

This card measures 6ins x 6ins using a manufactured card blank.
OMG ..... yuk, yuk, yuk, ........ this card is truly, truly too awful! It's way toooooooooo much and an assault on everyone's festive taste!  Originally I thought it might would be a simple idea to lift a section of  Christmas stickers as they were on to a centre panel for a card., but after mat and layering on red and silver it all started to go horribly wrong.  What I really wanted/needed to add was a simple printed sentiment, but none of the ones I had looked right.

I decided to try covering the card front completely with a patterned paper, but it still didn't look ........... but then what was I thinking when I added the adhesive glittered strips and snowflakes? Can it be any more awful?
I think what I need to do is rescue the stickered panel from the offending covered card and start again ....... perhaps a plain and simple white blank is enough after all, rather than this coloured and fiddle farted overload!  So, what this space ........ 

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

I really don't think it's as bad as you seem to, but I think you should go ahead and change it if you're dissatisfied. I know I feel awful if I send out a card that I don't think is up to par.