Thursday 7 November 2019

The World Is Your Lobster Card

This card measures 5.5ins x 5.5ins and is made using a hand cut, white linen effect card.
I loved these lobster stickers from Paperchase when I bought them, they have such cute faces, but what on earth to do with them? So I am afraid they have been languishing in my sticker box ever since I bought them. Then I got stuck for a card for Tom's birthday and I mean really stuck!  In a desperate search for inspiration in said sticker box I re-found them and got to thinking .... hmmmm "The world's your lobster"  I am pretty sure Arthur Daley said it in an episode of Minder, one of the Dukes very favourite programmes ......
...... Tom's card!  I took a silver frame (The Works £3 for 30 assorted silver, copper and gold) and backed it with a scrap of white card, adding two lobsters, some tiny weeny, cross eye making flat backed gems and hand wrote the phrase.  
I then mat and layered the filled frame first on red corrugated card followed by silver card, simples! I am so chuffed with how it turned out, now ...... what to do with the other twenty-eight or so lobsters! 

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Great card! And there's no harm in making another one to have on hand for another friend or family member's birthday. That would leave you with only 26 or so lobster stickers for other projects. :)

tilly said...

These have made a stunning card and so different!
Tilly

marc said...

love it fab fab fab big love marc