Monday 21 June 2021

Framed Robot – I Love You To The Moon And Back

Rather than make Iris and Bertie birthday cards, I always try to make something in a frame for them to keep keep rather than a card that is usually thrown away after a while. This is the idea I came up with for Iris’s 7th Birthday ……. I know, where has the time gone?

IMG_1478

The robot is made using a very small, wooden block  (The Works – from a mini Jenga type game £3 for about 53 blocks).  The mini reels came from Marc, I believe they originally came from LaBlanche.  I’ve had the mini thermometer for years, bought from a craft company in the U.S.

IMG_1479

The moon was from some old jewellery pieces I had, the gold stars from a Poindland nail art set, as is the robots nose.  The robots mouth is a tiny piece of Halloween confetti!

IMG_1479IMG_1480A

And finally, I hand wrote the sentiment using a white gel pen on black card which was then layered and matted on gold mirror card.

The sentiment is under the glass, while the other bits are pieces are glued directly onto the front of it.

IMG_1481IMG_1483

It all came together without too much fiddle-farting, seeing as I didn’t have a clue what I was going to make that morning.  It’s something a little bit different as Iris is much more into space rather than princesses and flowery stuff, although she loves a bit of glitter!

2 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Sweet birthday remembrance gift!

CraftyCoffey said...

That looks fantastic, a real keepsake.

Michele