Tuesday 27 July 2021

Blankets Akimbo ………Finally A Blanket For Marc ……..

I am loving my £4 crocheted blanket/bedspread, it didn’t make it to my sofa, it’s a keeper in my bedroom, a bit hot at the moment, but just think how cosy it will look and be in the winter.

f3edea97-81c7-44fb-b158-8455134124e5

Marc asked if I found another would I make a considered purchase on his behalf ………… and low and behold I then  found this one (below)……….

IMG_2077

……. again only £4, but a little too pastel and pale for Marc’s macho image, however perfect for my sofa (as I said above) for snuggling under when it gets a little chilly in the evening.

IMG_2079IMG_2081

It’s beautifully crocheted and finished off and sooooooooo warm, but what about poor Marc, it seemed very unlikely after two finds in one week that I would find another one the following week ………

Cottage Chic Crocheted Blanket

…….. but I did and in macho Marc type colours, he’s dead chuffed!  It’s absolutely mahoooosive and the price, £2.50????? It was paid for and bundled into my Nanny style shopping trolley before you could even say crochet hook, then in the washing machine with at least half a bottle of fabric softener.

I am now thinking about going on a mission to save all crocheted blankets and find them new homes (but then …….what are the chances of finding any more after such a brilliant run?)   Marc has told me about cottage core, something I’ve never heard of  - “As a concept, it embraces a simpler, sustainable existence that is more harmonious with nature. Aesthetically, it’s a nod to the traditional English countryside style, romantic and nostalgic,” – which has quite a following and a market on eBay ………. I’ll let you know how I get on in my quest as and when anything comes my way again……..

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

Amazing finds! And I can't believe the price! They are going to feel so good when winter comes and the cold winds blow.

SeasideKaren said...

Wow, I’m so glad you found such bargains, and even gladder that you and Marc will cherish them with the love they deserve. I love to crochet blankets, especially in winter when they start to grow and keep your lap nice and cosy as you work on them!

SeasideKaren said...

Wow, I’m so glad you found such bargains, and even gladder that you and Marc will cherish them with the love they deserve. I love to crochet blankets, especially in winter when they start to grow and keep your lap nice and cosy as you work on them!