Monday 2 August 2021

The Works Canvas and Easel Snowman Shelf Decoration

Another set of canvas and easel Christmas decorations for you today ……..

Minieasel snowman Christmas shelf decoration.

……. made using £1 easel and canvas sets from The Works.

The Works mini canvas and easel £1

I started by putting a strip of snowy sky patterned paper across the top of the canvases.  The "Stars Shining" paper pad is going to be really useful for my Christmas crafting this year, unfortunately I just can’t remember where I got it from, sorry!

IMG_2131

I then used Aleene’s True Snow to add a bit of texture and dimension to the canvas.

IMG_2132

While this was drying I added Ranger Glossy Accents on the 3D card snowman embellishments, again for extra dimension and texture.

IMG_2128

The wooden Christmas sentiments (Hobbycraft £1 Christmas 2020) were not quite the right colour so I change them to red with a Sharpie pen followed by a layer of Glossy Accents.

IMG_2134

It seems sacrilege, but although the wooden tree embellishments were the right size I wasn’t too keen to add glitter to the canvas (goodness only knows why?), so I simply turned them over and coloured them, this time with a green Sharpie (with varying results, I also don’t know why) plus more Glossy Accents.

IMG_2136

When all the components were dry it was time to put them all together.

IMG_2146

I edged the canvas with tiny faux stitches using a black fine liner pen.

IMG_2147

I also added three plastic snowflakes (Aliexpress) to help fill the empty corners and spaces.

IMG_2198

To keep the snowy theme going I also added Aleene’s, with another snowflake, on the easel bar.

Snowman Canvas and Easel Decoration

On the prototype I coloured the easel with a red Sharpie pen, but this proved to be too time consuming and fiddly and looking at the pictures doesn’t really add that much to the finished decoration.

IMG_2195

I’m really happy with how these have turned out, I can see them fitting in on a shelf amongst the Christmas cards ……….

IMG_2194IMG_2196

I love the idea of sending them out instead of a card this year, something to keep rather than throw away at the end of the holiday.  Think they will mail as a large letter, a bit more expensive but I think worth it.

The Works Mini Canvas and Easel £1

I am sure, judging from my box of Christmas embellishments left over from last year, in particular, there could well be whole variation on this basic idea.

IMG_2152

For those of you looking for cheap easel sets, I have also found these 7cm square in the art and craft section of Home Bargains, they cost an incredible 69p each, a lot less than a card to buy!

3 comments:

Cheryl W said...

These are brilliant! The recipients are going to love them.

tilly said...

these are really nice, when I look at my stuff it is never the right dimensions together lol, I was in Home Bargins on Friday and they don't have any of these, I will keep looking Tilly

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

These are amazing, just perfect and a great idea than sending a card.

Debbie x