Monday 8 January 2024

Diamond Angels

Before Christmas I had a mahoooosive sort out of my craft cupboards and drawers, because I found that having so much “stuff” that I knew I probably wouldn’t  use, really weighed me down, so I donated a lot to school and with the burden lifted, I didn’t give it much of a second thought, but then ……. one of the staff called me over to say she’d got something to show me ……..

P1050956

OMG!  The angels I would have done something really boring with (Hobbycraft stock Christmas 2023) were being transformed with the jewels I’d also sent in!  I tell you what, I almost wanted them all back, this was such a game changing idea!  Large 3D diamond dots? 

P1050957

They were being made, before school, by children who find coming into school difficult, the teacher said that they became so absorbed in what they were doing that they were able to put their anxiety on hold, while their sense of achievement soared knowing they were making something really beautiful.

I am hoping I get a chance to photograph them again, once they are all completed.

I tell you what, if I see any of these paper mache angels again, I will have to buy just a couple, because really need to make a few for myself, they are inspired!

1 comment:

Cheryl W said...

You may have changed a child's life for the better by donating the supplies to make these angels. How wonderful!