Wednesday 12 October 2011

Cath Kidston Keepsake House - Part 2

andys nokia 374
Progress has been a bit slow because now that all the drawers have been covered and several coats of clear varnish applied it is only the twiddly fiddly things that are left to be done, but, due to the fussy nature of the paper, I have decided, after some trial and error, to adopt a very less is more approach, so I am thinking very carefully about what else to use to embellishment it any further.
Cath Kidston Giftwrap
So far I’ve used half a width of some self adhesive, lace effect, border tape from Paper Cellar round the top part of the house, with real narrow cream lace over it to add layers and to hid the joins. I’ve also put the lace round the chimney, and across top and bottom edges of the roof. I have left it at that for the moment as I am on the look out for some red buttons to add, one large one for the centre (again to hid the joins) and some smaller matching ones to go at measured distances across the lace, but I need to get the colours/design/style just right to fit in with the theme. At the moment I am carrying a sample of the paper in my purse wherever I go, something with birds on would be perfect.
andys nokia 377
I’ve made the drawer pulls using small green wooden beads from a Poundshop necklace with a square clear flat backed gems glued over the holes.
Cath Kidston Keepsake House 1
All that’s left to do is put a square of the left over paper in the bottom of each drawer to finish them off ……
Cath Kidston keepsake drawers
…… find the right buttons and think about how to embellish the star shaped drawer at the top (if I decide it really needs something) and the bottom panel on the right hand side. …….. thinks ……

8 comments:

Angie said...

Beautiful xx

Bubbles said...

You're a genius! I am so steering my mum away from your blog... she's Cath Kidson mad! *lol* I really don't need my mum drooling when she's near electrical equipment (joking mum!).

It's so beautiful... and something you could have on display in your home all year round. I'm so jealous! *lol*

Suze Bain said...

this is gorgeous helen, it must have taken you ages, it's so neatly done. i'm on my hols so not blogging much but still keeping an eye on what you're up to! x

marc said...

its fab the lace works so well as do the door knobs if you cant find your buttons how about making some of your own your toddlers are fab punched out on a circle stuck to a old button/ chipboard/ etc and glazed or ultra thick embossed i am sure you could make some thing that would fit in may be little paper rosettes that are all on trend could look good and a real fiddle fart to do lol i am pos what ever you do will have us all green eyed and wishing we had it big love Marc

marc said...

sorry that should read your doodles are fab not toddlers was thinking about something else while typing lol big love Marc

Anj said...

one great-big-fat 'like'!! x x

Gayle Cook said...

Absolutely gorgeous Helen...x

Georgia said...

I was going to say that some small cute buttons would look nice in the kind of place where a drawer handle would be on each drawer. Obviously they wouldnt work as drawer handles but would look sweet. But I like what you did better :)

xxx