Thursday 27 October 2011

Let It Snow Canvas Christmas Tags

I think these are my most favourite things I have made so far this Christmas!
Let It Snow Canvas Tags
I’ve used A4 canvas paper,  the results are brilliant, the images are so sharp and clean!

let It Snow tags
The background snowman are from a digi set from Sweet Shoppe Designs called Little Joys by Zoe Pearn, but I am not 100% sure that it is still available. I have fiddle farted about with it on Publisher to make a rectangles in roughly the size of tag I wanted and then added the text using a Two Peas In A Bucket font called 2Peas High Tide by Jennifer McGuire in a dark brown.
109802_1000x1000
http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/shop/jennifer-mcguire/23354-font-high-tide/
Let It Snow Canvas Tag 1
I then cut out the rectangles, trimming the top corners to make the tag shape.  The final touches were made with faux stitching in brown pen round the edges, setting the eyelets with my Crop-A-Dile and a length of ribbon.
Let It Snow Canvas tag
I am always wary of making tags because of the difficulty in matching up colours/patterns/images with shop bought Christmas paper but this years it will be easy as I will be mostly using Kraft/brown parcel paper, as is a lot cheaper and easy to tart up …. I bought rolls of 8 metres from Hobbycraft this week, which were on offer for £2.99 a roll or 3 for 2, which with my 25% off  voucher from the Daily Mirror was bargainstatic!
I have left the back of the tag blank, except for some faux stitching to write messages. I have experimented with a variety of pens including felt and they don’t bleed into the canvas, brilliant!  But …. it’s going to be hard for me to put these on parcels as I love them so much!

6 comments:

marc said...

i like these to look very expensive big love marc

Suze Bain said...

These are fab (love the snowman print) and they look great against the kraft paper. xx

Shirley Davis (crafter) said...

Utterly divine, Helen. You are so innovative.

I note you are falling over backwards to credit the artwork - not easy, is it, on the Net, to be transparent. I do wonder if any of us should really be here.

I try to take the credit only for my own designs but you never can tell if you are doing enough for the work of other designers and manufacturers.

Anonymous said...

Great idea :O)

Bubbles said...

Adorable! Really love the font you've chosen... and the faux-stitching really finishes these off a treat!

Catherine said...

I love the tags!!!